Eat and Shop on Campus
We aim to provide a broad range of high quality, value for money food and retail services on campus, provided by our catering services partner BaxterStorey.
As well as staff and students, the local community are very welcome to take advantage of our catering and retail outlets.
Full details of opening hours and menu details can be found below.
Please note: Due to the COVID-19 Scottish Government guidelines around hospitality, there are some restrictions in place but our friendly team of staff will guide you and keep you safe.
You might also like to note that the University website has a dedicated coronavirus section, which is continually being updated: Coronavirus Information
Maggie’s Bar & Café
Opening hours (Semester 2):
- Monday to Friday 8.30am - 10.30pm (8pm for food)
Saturday & Sunday 9am - 10.30pm (8pm for food)
For full menu details, please look at our Maggie's Bar and Café Facebook page.
Here are the important factors to remember when visiting Maggie's:
- We are operating to 1M+ distancing
- Your order can be taken at your table or you can use the app 'Round' (download from your app store). Please do not go to the bar to order.
- There should be no more than 3 households sitting together.
- Everyone will be asked to give their contact details on arrival. This will be your name & either contact number or email. This is a legal requirement for this space.
- Please wear a face covering when you move throughout the space (unless you have an exemption). Our staff will all be wearing face coverings.
- Please do not move the furniture inside or outside Maggie's.
- There is a one-way entrance and exit system. Please look out for the directional signage & maintain physical distancing throughout.
- We encourage all payments to be contactless.
- We ask that you use the sanitiser station as you neter Maggie's.
Download Round, order to collect, pick up, enjoy
Delivery across Campus?
Download Round, order to table 100, put your address or room number into the requests box (this is extremely important for us to know where we're going!!), delivery, enjoy
Please look at our Maggie's Facebook page for more details.
Maggie's has obtained the 'We're Good To Go' mark which is the UK-wide industry standard highlighting our commitment to following all government guidance and best practice around COVID-19.
Starbucks Coffee Pod
Starbucks is located in the main academic building atrium offering a selection of drinks and snacks.
Opening Hours (from 10th January 2022)
Monday to Friday 8.30am - 3.30pm
|Espresso||Solo: £1.50||Doppio: £1.95|
|Chai tea Latte||£2.80||£3.05||£3.40|
|Classic Hot Chocolate||£2.45||£2.70||£2.85|
1875 is located in the main academic building offering a lunch service.
Opening Hours (from 17th January 2022):
- Monday to Friday 11am - 2.30pm
Opening Hours (Semester 2):
• Monday to Sunday – 24 hours
The Nook is our newest catering space located just off 1875 food court and is our first fully self-service area.
We have a selection of sandwiches, snacks, juices and hot drinks. Simply select your item, take it to our self-service till and pay for your items using your QMU smartcard or debit/credit card, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Please do continue to take the time to give us your feedback on The Nook, there are QR codes dotted around the space or you can email our Catering Manager Julie Smith directly.
You can also follow The Nook on social media @qmucampuslife
University Retail Facilities
Our shop can be located within the 1875 servery area. This is operational Monday to Friday 11am-2.30pm. We also have a small outlet in Maggie's, this is open Monday to Friday 9am - 10.30pm.
We stock a wide variety of household items along with confectionery and stationary.
If there is something you would like to see us stock in our retail space, please do just let us know by emailing our Catering Manager, Julie Smith.
We have a number of vending machines that are available on campus. These are located on:
Level 1 (cold drinks, hot drinks & confectionery) in 1875
Level 2 (hot beverages & confectionery) outside Lecture Theatre 2156
Level 3 (cold drinks & confectionery) outside the Halle Lecture Theatre
Monday - Sunday 8am - 5pm
*Out with these hours accessible 24/7 with valid Student/Staff card only
Please note: all vending machines accept Smartcard payments only
Hospitality Service (Meetings)
We will be re-launching our Hospitality Service shortly. Watch this space for further details.
Point of Sale - Payment Methods QMU Way2Pay
Point of Sale - Payment Methods QMU Way2Pay
- All our catering outlets accept Smartcards, QR Code via the App, Apple Pay, Google Pay, contactless with no minimum spend required and cash payments from Students, Staff and Visitors to campus
- Vending machines are located in 1875, Level 1, 2 & 3 in the main academic building accept Smartcard payments only
- Vending machines in Accommodation and the Sports Department accept cash only
QMU Smart Cards
- Departmental Hospitality Cards can be requested by Budget Holders and used to make purchases in the Catering & Retail Services Department.
- Visitors who receive a Smartcard on arrival can load cash onto the card at the 2 loading kiosks and use the cards in all Catering outlets
Add Funds to your Smartcard - Online Payments - Add Funds
Catering Online Bookings - For QMU Staff and Students Catering Online Booking Form
QMU and our catering partner BaxterStorey value your custom and more importantly Your Feedback to ensure we are providing a good service, good quality food and that the menu variety suits your tastes.
You can either complete the Online Customer Feedback Forms by clicking on the following (intranet) links:
Or alternatively fill in our Customer Comment Cards located at each outlet and post your comments in the post boxes provided.
Thank you for Your Feedback.